Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Speedy Stallions



Seated, fed, wined and out in 20 minutes.

Usually I would not be impressed, although we were in high-speed mode as we had to get to the Melbourne Comedy Festival in time for our show.

The Guy Grossi trained boys greeted us with the standard "Buonasera", making you feel for that micro-second that perhaps you have found a small Trattoria in Italy as apposed to being at Florentino's Cellar Bar, 80 Bourke Street, in the city.

Hearing the Italian spill out of the restaurant was reassuring of the authenticity of the food.

The only issue with the Cellar Bar was that, although they were efficient, I felt as though my Melanzame Alla Parmigiana was literally thrown into my lap and I was having parmagiano on it regardless of whether I wanted it or not.

I guess you can't expect too much from the Italians, trust me, I've grown up with them all of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment