Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Room with a view


In the kitchen are Norman Bellis and Joshua Lovi, these boys know how to cook up a storm at Ice, 30 Cato St, Prahran.

As we were on our way to grab fish and chips, we took a slight detour and found ourselves at the newly renovated, back street cafe/restaurant, much better option.

I opted for the risotto of pea puree, smoked tomatoes (smoked tomatoes) and feta. I had never heard of such a thing. It had an outrageously smoky taste of pure delish!

From the other side of the table I tasted the daily special: a pan fried trout fillet with a broad bean, green bean, capsicum and fennel salad with tomato jam. It must be their latest craze, but these guys know how to take tomatoes to a brand new dimension.

Although the food was incredible, the view from our window seat wasn't too shabby either, muscle men pumping iron at the gym across the road. It did make me feel a twinge of regret though as I chose to have an early dinner rather than a gym session of my own, oh well, I will just have to go tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment