Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Hope you don't mind that I just ate 17 cloves of garlic"


That was the text message I sent a friend I was meant to see after my jeans-popping dinner at Melbourne Wine Room, The George Hotel, Fitzroy Street, St Kilda.

I have always been a fan of Karen Martini and what other way to totally appreciate her culinary delights that a massive feast and way too many glasses of wine?!

Sharing meals is my ideal way to have dinner (especially when I look at the menu and want to devour it all), therefore I guess that means I had two entrees, two mains and two side dishes.

The opening highlight for my was the wild mushroom tart, the home made butter pastry melting my my mouth and bulging at my thighs.

Who can go past a staple bowl of spaghetti with chopped prawns, fresh herbs, chilli and garlic...did I mention garlic? WOW! Even when I read my weekend newspaper with Karen's recipes, I wonder who would actually use that much garlic? It is out of control but truly amazing.

The super salty onion rings and radish and cabbage salad we not necessary but delicious all the same. I subtly had my jeans totally unzipped and could not bring myself to laugh because of the pain of overeating, but who can blame me when the food was so good?

No comments:

Post a Comment