Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bar food


A busy weeknight in the city and it is hard to get a table at Barbagallo Trattoria e Pizzeria at 103 Lonsdale St, City. Looks like we will pull up a stool at the bar then.

Having followed Pietro Barbagallo half way around town, from East Brunswick, to St Kilda to sample his traditional i Carusi pizzas, I opt for something new.

After having shared broccolini crumbed with fresh breadcrumbs, parmesan, currents and more I tempt my taste buds with a very fresh, very seasonal pine mushroom risotto. Our cutesy arty waitress explained to me after virtually licking my plate clean that pine mushrooms are only found under the fallen pine needles of a pine tree, I thought I could even taste the effort it took for the little farmer to find my mushrooms.

The pork and veal ragu was also sublime. Sheer perfection, melt in your mouth kind if stuff.

These guys don't just know their pizza, they know how to make an impact with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment