Monday, June 14, 2010

Three's a crowd

Standard Saturday after work...I am given three options for dinner but my actions speak louder than works as I itch my knee (hint hint).

Ichi Ni Izakaya, next to the Espy at 12 The Esplanade, St Kilda is packed to the rafters. Feeling a little sceptical that we are going to get a table without having a booking, the pommy waitress finds us three stools around the grill. To make our third wheel feel more comfortable, the Asahi just keep flowing.

Do I like gyoza? Yes! is theirs the best I've tried? Yes! Do I like tempura? Yes! Is theirs the best I've tried? Yes! Going well so far I get a little thrown by the eel. Having recently tried it and not being overly impressed I am finally convinced to give it another crack, ahh, yum! They can make even things I don't like taste good.

Without a word of a lie the Tori Cara chicken was the best chicken I've had for a while. GIving the Colonel a real run for his money.

My favourite thing about Japanese food it walking out of the restaurant still feeling light, yet this time I was a little stumbly too which never hurt anyone.

This is a wonderful place for a few nibbles yet isn't ideal if you are famished, hence the fact we detoured via Maccas St Kilda on our way out...shwoops

No comments:

Post a Comment